- Tours and works Approximately 25 weeks a year.
- Currently employs Grammy Award Winners, Gold and Platinum Artist(s).
- Employs nearly (60)+ Flamenco Artists throughout the year.
- Creates all original musical works and choreography.
- In 2018, the company begins production of the first of six musical albums.
- Performs for 5,000+ children and adults annually in Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM.
- Has been featured by the Ministry of Culture in Madrid, Spain.
- Has been featured by prominent Spanish Dance Magazines in print and online.
- Has 8,000+ followers on social media: Facebook, Youtube, Twitter
- Is presented by Casa Flamenca, Inc. A 501 c(3) non-profit organization since 2010.
- Is co-sponsored by the State of New Mexico and City of Albuquerque.
- Is sponsored the New Mexico Arts Council Folk Arts Master Grant
- Is co-founder of an New York City nationally-instituted Flamenco curriculum.
Company Roster 2017-18
Jesus Muñoz- Dancer/Choreographer, Director
Valeria Montes “La Chispa”- Principal dancer
Guillermo Guillen- Guitarist, Composer,Director
Yosmel Montejo- Bass, Composer
Mariano Morales- Piano, Violin, Composer
Ismael Fernandez- Singer, Musical Direction
Javier “Katumba”- Percussion, Musical Direction
Anna Colom- Singer, Composer
Ana Maria Polanco- Singer, Composer
Jose Cortes- Singer, Arrangement
Lydia Gallegos- Dancer
Israel Katumba- Percussion, Arrangement
Joshua Vigil- Technical Direction
Sean Murphy- Stage and Management
Jesus Muñoz Flamenco began as a small group with big dreams to pursue original work. Though modest in size, the quality of the work has reached world-class stature and reputation with collaboration from prominent artists. Recently, Muñoz has performed in respected dance and music venues from the Ford Theatre in Los Angeles to the Cowles Center for dance in Minneapolis as well as other respected venues: Detroit Symphony Orchestra Hall, Detroit Institute for the arts, Jazz Cafe at Music Hall, Arvada Amphitheatre, Alegrias in New York City and the Lensic in Santa Fe. The company currently has an annual partnership with the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque, NM reaching an estimated 3,000 people annually as well as national partnerships and collaborations from Los Angeles to New York City and Minneapolis to Dallas.
Jesus Muñoz Flamenco
is recognized for its dedication to preserving and innovating the improvisational philosophy and language of Flamenco dance and music. Jesus Muñoz Flamenco is unique in its collaborative respect for Cante Flamenco and Baile por derecho (otherwise known as dancing straight-up), which are its foundation .